Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Day of Rest

So after the creation of this miraculous world, God rested.

And so did we.

Though we only rested because it was on the schedule and because Monkey and I were rather tired of one another. We did sleep in and have some DS time. Then we went to the pool where we spent several hours. Now Monkey is fairer than I am and I am rather panicy at the thought of being sunburned. Probably because all I connect with Florida is the feeling of being rather hideously sunburned. If I was at my parents' house I would post the picture of myself beet red sitting on the sand in Florida. It was rather hideously painful.

So here we are in the land of sun and I am fearing nothing more than having to travel home hideously burned - like lobsterfied. This would not be good. It would be worse if it was Monkey. We lavished ourselves in our SPF 50 over and over again. Thankfully after a good portion of the morning and afternoon in the pool, with breaks for lunch. I also treated myself to a well deserved afternoon nap.

There was much discussion about the evening. All of us were ready to be on the move, aside from Monkey. He wasn't so keen. The real issue? He was hungry. Once we had a delicious meal of cheeseburgers and french fries for K and steak (with mashed sweet potatoes) for the rest of us, we agreed on an option. We would all head to Epcot for the evening fireworks/laser light display.

The trip there was uneventful and the Scooter (most bus drivers would add "O'Doom") earned us a rather priveledged viewing spot. I highly recommend making sure someone knows how to limp rather well when you and your partners in crime traverse Disney so therefore the wheelchair seems more believeable. It certainly gets you into things a lot faster and with better views. Though, I did see a lot of it really being utilized by grandparents seeing the joy with their grandkids. [[On the other hand, I recommend making sure your children walk if they are over five. If you have to rent a double stroller for a SINGLE child, it's time for them to walk. Monkey could have used a stroller by the last day, but I think he did well and it did his body good to do the walking. I am glad that I insisted. And dragged him. And really didn't have to practice walking around carrying fifty pound weights.]]

Monkey and Grandma settled in while I went for a hike, snapping photos here and there. Dinner had left me feeling rather rotound both out and in. The walk did me some good and then we had a very nice time enjoying the view of Illuminations. It was really quite brilliant - very well done. And where we were sitting, it felt like we were on top of where they were firing off some of the fireworks from.

It was excellent. Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment