Sunday, August 2, 2009

Socks

This is another one of those hideous pet peeves. Of course it is not as dangerous to others, unless sensibilities are one of those things that you don't think should be offended.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love socks as much as the next person. In fact, I'd rather wear socks than have bare feet. I don't like the feel of certain things on my feet which is generally why I wear socks most of the time.

On the other hand, there are some things that are not meant to have socks worn with them. High heels for instance. Flip-flops are another. But then these are obvious ones (one would hope).

What is completely and utterly wrong is socks and sandals. Seriously wrong. I mean, I can get that you might not like your feet, but then don't wear sandals. You should NOT ever consider wearing socks with sandals. It's just... wrong. I don't even care if you are a wearing a pair of pants - don't wear socks and sandals. It's the epitome of saying 'I have no style sense'. Which is just fine if you want to announce that, but wear a sign so that the rest of us don't need to be so tortured. If you must wear black dress socks and sandals, stay home where I don't need to be so tortured.

This trend is only slightly better than wearing knee socks or tube socks with shorts and trainers. Say what? I spent nearly a decade chastising my ex about this, trying to convince him that he needed to wear short ankle socks. It was rather like banging my head against a brick wall. Nothing is as weird as a guy with only his knees showing in the middle of summer. It's just like wearing plaids and stripes - it really shouldn't be done. Really.

Trust me!!

Top this off by my ex finally buying short ankle socks after we're divorced and being all 'Wow. You were really right about this sock thing."

That loud banging noise is my head hitting the wall ... repeatedly....

No comments:

Post a Comment